Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Glove will never fit another.



I cannot believe Michael Jackson is dead. I was born in 1984, and he was the first person I ever idolized. When I was six or seven, I had a black leather jacket with zippers all over it, just like the one he wore in the Bad video. As simply as it can be put, his work wasn't merely part of pop culture, it was pop culture.

It's an easy time to take shots at the man, but, for the most part, I'm not doing it. His life was extraordinary in every aspect, both good and bad. He was a flawed person, probably a tortured soul, denied his youth and ostracized for attempting to reclaim a part of it. He helped tens of millions of people through his music, charity work, and simple presence.

Find me one album with the production level and general start-to-finish awesomeness of Thriller, I fucking dare you to.

Thanks for the music Michael, you gave more of yourself than you could handle, and I will cherish your memory always.

I guarantee you Weird Al sees a rise in sales.-BK

No comments: