Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Robert Allen Zimmerman


I'm Not There, a movie based on Bob Dylan's life, is easily one of the coolest things I've seen this year.
It features six actors playing six characters, influenced by, and based upon different times in Dylan's life. If you like movies with a beginning, a middle, and an end, you'll hate this film, but if you like art and are willing to be surprised and led on a journey, you'll be amazed at what has been brought to the screen here.
I've never been one to run around waving the "Dylan flag"(all of his songwriting isn't that great), but I walked out of the theater with a new appreciation for one of the most influential people of the twentieth century.
In weirdo news, I found Cate Blanchett strangely attractive, even though she was portraying a male character. What is wrong with me?
---
My sickness came back for Round 2. I was ready this time. I think I've beaten it down.
Got a show next Saturday night. Big time. Christ, there might be twelve, maybe even, fifteen people there!
I fucking hate Xmas shopping.-BK
(That's right, I keep the "Christ" out of Christmas. Take it.)

No comments: