Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bogo?

Went to see Observe and Report yesterday. Fittingly, I will now report my observations about the movie to you.

What a horrible movie. Movies, and storytelling in general, are only effective when we can sympathize and identify with the characters, especially the leads. Their was nothing likable or endearing about the Seth Rogen character in this movie, and if he has to be extremely likable to be watchable, as he doesn't have looks to compensate for weak writing. This movie had no villain or main challenge, either, which, in movies is akin to setting a lifeboat adrift in an ice flow. Just dumb all around.

I can understand the intent of this movie, the writer/director wanted to win the audience over, Bad Santa-style, but his talent is not grand enough to support his vision. The new breed of comedy film is incredibly disgusting, but none forget to include the underlying sweetness of the human relationships involved. This one did, and the only reason it got put out there is because of the star power of the headliner.

Show last night didn't materialize due to hockey.

Looks like I'm hitting St. James like Tyson hit Givens. Maybe 80's night too. I don't have a fighting simile for that one, sorry.

Just awesome.


Here's some more animation. Just because Ben Kenny loves you, and wants you to have a smidgen of happiness in your day!


Saw the back of my head in a mirror yesterday. Shit. Just "Shit.". I am going bald. I have a bald spot. I am not "thinning." I am fucking "balding." I am twenty-five years old, and my body is dying on me already. This is why I'm reluctant to quit drinking. I do not want to get started on my back hair, which seems to have become sentient. Again... Shit.

Sixty cents off of every gallon of gas at some point this week. Cashing in my Eagle Fuel Perks is a monthly highlight. It don't take much to make me happy folks.

I am still waiting for my camera to get back from the shop. Then I will tape myself drunk, and you will never see it.

Up the hill a ways.-BK

No comments: