Monday, July 9, 2007

Come and get your love.

Rolling Stone magazine is really no longer worth reading. Why? Well, I could go on for years, but let's just say it's kind of awkward for a magazine to heavily promote an eco-concious agenda while accepting ad dollars from Chevy and Camel cigarettes. Also, the reason that Arctic Monkeys haven't broken in the states' is because they suck. Just in case you didn't know.

For years, I was OK with RS. I considered my musical tastes and opinions to be similar to theirs, but today, the proverbial straw broke my back. When I read what they wrote, my head came as close to exploding as it ever has. Here it is in summation: Pete "emo douche bag" Wentz, Fall Out Boy bassist and gossip page regular, was named as a "rock style icon" along with people like the Beatles, David Bowie, and Debbie Harry. What is Pete's style, you ask? A hooded sweatshirt and girl jeans. That's it! Something kids in the suburbs have been wearing for years! Goddammit Rolling Stone! It's like "OMG! WTF!!! LOL!!! TTYL! ;)"

Look for me next Monday at Shadow Lounge, bringing my unique brand of wit and cynicism to East Liberty.

That's all I have to say about that.

No comments: