Monday, July 16, 2007

Tina Turner shouldn've talked back to Ike so much.

While in the middle of my semi-daily yoga exercises this morning, I realized that I'm a lot more flexible than I used to be. Even when I was forty pounds heavier, I could bend 90 degrees at my waist and touch my toes without "limbering up" or anything. Now, I can bend over and slide my palms under my feet. Those Indians sure do know some stuff about the capabilities of the human body. If you doubt Yoga, or maybe think it's new-age B.S., which is understandable, take a look at the spread in last month's Vanity Fair. Most of the people in it are over forty, trim, attractive, and basically represent what we all wish we could be at that age. Maybe if I practice yoga for the next 15 odd years I can look as good as Sting does, instead of looking like Vince Neil...

Telling some new jokes about Godzilla and George Bush tonight at Shadow Lounge. Come on out and support live comedy. Youtube and Myspace are great places to see comedy, but COMEDY IS MEANT TO BE SEEN AND ENJOYED LIVE! So come out!

I see our beloved federal government is sponsoring some sort of marriage program here in the 'burgh. Nice to know were my tax money went when I'm cashing a twelve dollar social security check in 45 years. Thank your Christian-pandering congresspeople for that one, America.

...show me some of the Spanish dancing,
pass me a bottle, Mr. Jones,
Believe in me, help me believe in anything,
cause I wanna be someone who believes...
- The Counting Crows, Mr. Jones

That's a good song, y'all.

Later.

Almost forgot, the intro to "I'm Burnin' For You," by Blue Oyster Cult, is pretty much the best intro ever! This is not up for discussion.

No comments: