Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Funny that you're calling me.

Last night was just plain weird.

At comedy night #1, the emcee/promoter didn't bother to show, so I emcee'd, and the two other comics there performed for all seven people, including four from Portugal who weren't exactly following every word we were saying, but were cool as fuck regardless. Anyways, people were entertained, and more importantly, they laughed. Which, unlike the hokey-pokey, is exactly what it is all about.

Comedy night #2: The Competition. I went on first, dropping some classics, some new stuff, getting a lot of laughs, and generally having a pretty good set. Naturally, I didn't advance. I'm still upset over this, and I will probably continue to be upset over this for a long time. I really feel I got shafted, but I've seen other talented, funny comedians fail to advance when they clearly rocked, so what do I know?

----
Gotta decide what bills not to pay this month in order to make rent and eat. Maybe you know how it is.

It's cool that the 'burgh has an "indie" radio station(91.3). One of the best things about this station is that one can here This American Life on it. If you're unfamiliar with the program, it's like Yo! MTV Raps, except it's for educated, liberal, slightly elitist white people. Every night they examine a different them, everything from the Ten Commandments to Travel. That's right, they're all about things that begin with "T." But seriously, it's a great mix of people reading stories about subjects near and dear to them, with interesting musical interludes. Listen to it if you're tired of endless reality TV.

I hope you all have a good day, but not as good as my day, because I just couldn't stand it.

I'm seriously thinking about submitting an application for the New York Underground Comedy Festival. Then, I'll get my big break, and become the asshole I've always known I could be.

Exeunt Ben Kenny

No comments: