Friday, July 25, 2008

Batman has no limits.

Crazy solo dance mission went down yesterday. It was 80's night at Neo, possibly, quite possibly, my new favorite club on earth. Dirty, loud, well-made drinks, great DJs, and 100% smoke-free! For those of you not familiar, Chicago liquor licenses(and club hours) run until 4am. I rolled in at midnight, danced for about four hours, virtually non-stop. It was awesome. Awesome!!!

I was gonna see if I could weasel out a bit o' stagetime while I was here, but truthfully, I'm so unmotivated right now it's retarded. Besides, Chicago is not necessarily a good place for young comics, as it only breeds people who tend to, essentially, be copycats of eachother. I have no desire to copy, be influenced, or be mentored by any other comics(which is why I stay away from club open mics), and there seems to be a lot of "big brothering" from what relatively little I've seen of the Chicago scene. There are also a lot of big egos without the talent/creativity/originality/experience/balls/talent/talent/talent to back it up.

In short, I was secretly using this trip as a "feeler." Something to see if I'm ready to move back here. I am pleasantly surprised and rather pleased to say that I have no desire to move back here at the moment. Pittsburgh prevails!

It was great however, to drive through the city again. Really big cities always take on the persona of a sleeping giant in the late evening/early morning hours. So much space and beautiful facades, seemingly abandoned, waiting to be filled in a few short hours, taken for granted, and then allowed to hibernate briefly again, before repeating the cycle. Pittsburgh is not like that, and I'm not sure I want it to be, but just a little more honest, not too commercial or corporate, spirit/attitude is something it most certainly could use.

I've taken pictures of my dog like new mothers from the horribly named suburbs take pictures of their horribly named kids. I shall post those in the future, at some point. My dog is cooler than your dog, family, lover, and you. He might live 6 more months or 2 more years. He is having trouble with his back legs i.e. sitting/standing/stairs, but his spirit is as vibrant as it always has been. I am ultra happy to be spending time with him!

The greatest synth-pop song of all time?



Quite fucking possibly, friends and strangers, quite fucking possibly.

Two days left. I plan to make the most of it. This means I'm going to lay around for the rest of today and start drinking around 7. Pray for me. I'll need it.

Your hair is beautiful, oh tonight. Atomic!-BK

No comments: