Monday, July 7, 2008

This is our destiny. Kill them.

No overtime today. I am not pleased, as I'm now forced to rearrange my home, clean dishes, and do laundry.

Last night was fun. Good dance floor, interesting people, and I started the evening off with what was quite possibly the best piece of pizza I've eaten in Pittsburgh.

Unfortunately, I witnessed a fight at my after hours bar, which sucked. I'm not a hero. I don't jump in and say "break it up." I almost had to though, because when a dude is literally about to get his head stomped on, a line of decency and fairness has to be drawn. Whether he "deserved" it or not, head-stomping is not cool, as he might become a vegetable, and a further drain on my tax dollars as well. See, I'm all about self-preservation in the end.

Actually, this is probably the first fight I've really seen in PGH that has "run it's course" as most fights are broken up by bouncers/friends before any real damage is done. Also, I tend to drink/dance at places populated by people dressed in black. Despite our fearsome appearance, we're usually a cool bunch, and get along with each other well enough.

In the beginning, Rock and Roll begat Punk. Punk begat Goth. Goth begat Emo. Whatever is next, it's sure to be effeminate and trendy, but will still be Rock and Roll at it's core..

Whatever the era, genre, or scene, Danzig is a safe bet.


I haven't been riding my bike as much as I'd like. Rhyming not intended, but not regretted.

Sleep is my sanctuary.-BK

No comments: