Thursday, July 24, 2008

Come get some.

Man oh man, chilling at your parents' house is fucking sweet. I've eaten at least a pound of free, hot, unhealthy food, am not sweating at all, not even a little, and am currently watching Army of Darkness on Comcast On Demand. I'm drinking a rum and Diet Coke. A big, stiff one. Of course pun intended. Life is good for me at the moment.

Although I work for an airline, I still have to really steel myself against getting airsick when the plane is on final approach. I hate that. I've never gotten airsick, never even needed to grap the airsickness bag, but I always, always get a little weird on approach to Chicago, Philly, etc... It's probably because air traffic control puts planes through "s-turns" in order to make enough room for all the traffic. Grr.

----THIS JUST IN----

My parents have Sun Chips! Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips! Visiting my parents' house is now my personal version of going on a cruise or something!

Oh yeah, that rum in my Diet Coke? Bacardi! I feel just like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman! Please note, however, that I do not have sex with either(or both) of my parents. That's too weird. Even for me.

Anyways, it's always weird to come back to the town you grew up in. Even minute changes are noticable after you've been away for a while, and all the old smells of your childhood home, backyard, and just the air itself tend to make one feel all warm and fuzzy. Come to think of it, maybe it's the rum...

Sometimes you gotta break.


Billy Connolly. He's like Robin Williams, if Robin Williams happened to be Scottish, and funny.


Back to leisure.-BK

No comments: