Thursday, January 29, 2009

China Buffet Barf Party!

Two of the worst drives of my life yesterday. Appalling road conditions both to and from work. Cancelled appointment, show goes on, look, a puppy!

Show went well. A surprisingly young crowd. Performed with a few newish-to-me comics, which is always nice, as seeing new material/performers is SO welcome in/around this scene.

I do wish though, that our little comedy corner of the U.S. had a little more diversity to it. So many white guys in their twenties from the suburbs. Too few performers of color, vagina, and creed. Those who get it, get it. Those who don't... fuck 'em.

I'm back into Radiohead in a big fucking way as of late. Thom Yorke's solo joint, The Eraser, as well. Find me another group of musicians who collectively strive to evolve and further themselves and their art with a similar lack of fear and lack of desire to make easy money from stupid gimmicks. I dare you to.


This is a good enough place.-BK

No comments: