Thursday, January 8, 2009

Woolen undergarments.

People never ask me what my favorite Kevin Bacon movie is, which makes me a very sad little panda. Just in case you were wondering...


I know it's weird for a fat, seemingly lazy dude to post videos about bike riding all of the time, but it's something I really enjoy doing, and stemming from that, watching. In fact, next to being on the stage, it's pretty much the best feeling in the world for me.

Yesterday, something happened to Ben Kenny that never, ever, happened to Ben Kenny before. Ben Kenny "had" to turn down a show. Now, you all know good and well that Ben Kenny is normally down for time in any form and at any forum, but he could not change his work schedule on such short notice. Ben Kenny could not do a 9 o'clock show last night when he had to be at work at 5 in the AM this morning. With travel times considered, this would have provided him with about three hours of sleep at the very best, and he's on a double shift today. Ben Kenny knows he made a health-conscious choice, but is chiding himself for being such a fucking pussy anyways. Ben Kenny also knows he was about the eighth or ninth person called for the show, but still.

Speaking of shows, here's a picture of your beloved author in action back on Tuesday night:



(By the way, I know what you're thinking, and you're entirely right.)

A friend of mine, who sinks ships with her lips when not otherwise occupied with training dogs and fighting three chicks at one time, took that photo. Thanks to her for wasting the memory space on her camera.

Some people think of changing sheets as a mundane task, but for me, it's a highlight of the week, and I actually sleep much easier for that one night. One day, when I'm hella-wealthy,(or just not super lazy) I'll sleep on fresh sheets every night!

Isn't it weird how I mentioned sheets? It's almost like I was about to make a pun on how this is such a great cover...


Went on a nerd frenzy at my local used music/video store the other day. Found copies of The Omen, Hitman, Batman Begins, and The Last Man on Earth, which stars Vincent Price and is way better than I Am Legend.

A pen exploded in the laundry yesterday. Not to worry though, because most of my clothes already sport spots from previous pen-related laundry tragedies.

I may go see Lisa Lampanelli on Saturday night. It's forty bucks, which is a lot of money considering her act and my bank account, but she makes me laugh, so who knows.

In truth, that money will be better spent being saved for New York. I can almost smell the subway. I'm so ready. Everyone thinks it's super expensive to live there, but for the most part, none of them have ever seriously thought of moving there. They haven't done the research, they just repeat what they hear. New York is affordable with sacrifice, and I'm prepared to make those sacrifices. I'll sell my blood plasma, work as a nude model for the New York School for the Blind, or, if it comes to it, start writing jokes for Jimmy Fallon's television show. I'm versatile like that.

"Alrighty then" is taken from his stage act. Did you know that?-BK

No comments: