Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I hate the beach and mountains too.

By all applicable logic, last night's show should have gone absolutely horrible. The comic/guest ratio was about 7 to 1, a billion people showed up to tell jokes, and I'm in the beginning stages getting sober. For a while, at least.



I found, however, that I had one of my best sets in a long time, and actually quite enjoyed watching the other comics' work as well.

We'll start with me. After all, that's why you're reading this. You all fucking love me, and/or want to be me, or you have money on when I'm going to kill myself(50th birthday)... but I digress.

I went on late, second to last. I started to working on a few brand new bits, expanded upon a few others, and worked a few old standards in as well. I was incredibly relaxed and confident, something extremely rare for me to be onstage. I had no "cricket" moments during my set, which is miraculous in a town as collectively dumb and numb as Pittsburgh is. I had fucking fun onstage last night, and I hope to repeat it.



The man above is Mo Mozuch. Mo is not only, unarguably, the funniest person in Pittsburgh, he is one of my favorite comedians, period. Check him out if you've got the chance and like to laugh so hard that liquid comes out of your nose, even if you aren't drinking anything.



This is Tim Dimond. Tim usually plays the guitar and sings really unique, evil, offensive, and funny songs about rapping fetuses, Asian women, and Helen Keller, but tonight he went "bareback" so to speak. Tim was so funny I forgot to laugh. I mean that as a high complement. I literally had to close my mouth, as my jaw dropped several times during his set. It was a totally unexpected and utterly hilarious side of him that I've never seen before. He has a future in regular stand-up if he wants to abandon the strumming. If I was him, I wouldn't stop playing the guitar though. Bitches love that shit.

Another great local comic is Subhah. Check her out if you have the chance. Prolific material.

On a clear day, I'm flying home to you.-BK

No comments: