Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Immaculate perception!

This little tale right here is scary. Really scary. Really, really, really fucking scary. Terrifying, actually.

I don't know if I would've been able to maintain sanity in a situation like that. Good on him for surviving.

There is a strong chance of Ben Kenny in downtown Pittsburgh today. Gotta welcome home the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers with the rest of the Nation...

There is an even stronger chance of Ben Kenny at The Smiling Moose tonight. Gotta welcome home the one and only Rocco Supreme. Rocco is back from NYC for a visit. Rocco is funny!

Speaking of funny, I got recognized on the street Sunday night by some random girl, who said she'd seen me at my show the night before and that I'd made her laugh really hard. Getting recognized in "civilian life" by random folks has happened to me quite a few times at this point in my "career", but it's still the absolute coolest feeling in the world when someone breaks their stride to stop and tell you how funny you are. It definitely put me even further onto cloud nine that night.

I've been learning about actually claiming deductions and whatnot on my taxes this year. I'm learning that I should've been learning about this kind of stuff a few tax seasons ago instead of being apathetic about it. Union dues, uniforms, and parking are tax deductible. The amount of money I spend on each every year is quite significant. I always thought kids, spouses, and handicaps were the only tax-easing things, but boy oh boy was I ever wrong!

I've been listening solely to Radiohead's Kid A release all week. It's a masterful recording. Jump on it, dive into it, and absorb it to your pulsating rotten core. Far beyond and above pretty much anything in the history of history.


Just fucking totally spectacular.


Gotta call some more mortgage people today. Borrowing substantial amounts of money is quite harrowing, but easy enough if you can remove yourself from the situation, watch it from outside, and jump back in when you have some semblance of understanding about it all. Don't rush to close real estate deals. After all, you not only have to live in the place, you have to pay for it too! Do you know what saving a half percent in interest on, oh, 200k will save you over the life of the mortgage? A lot of money. A ton of money! Enough to see a lot of concerts, do a lot of coke, or to waste on charitable donations not involving strippers, little people, strippers and little people, and/or little people strippers.

Real estate is tangible. It will always, always, always, always, hold some value. The trick is when to buy, and at what price.

You may hit it big on the stock market, but you also run a serious risk of having you investment(your money!) lay stagnant, or worse, totally disappear. Don't put anything in the stock market that you can't risk losing and don't need back within five years. Jim Cramer is popular because Jim Cramer is really fucking smart. I'm a Cramerican, in addition to my membership in the Steeler Nation.


Happy-happy joy-joy!-BK

No comments: