Saturday, February 28, 2009

I live what other people dream.

Show last night was the horrible. Horrible. Oh well, you persevere, do the best you can, and learn what you can from it. There will always be a next show, another crowd. The slate is wiped clean for every new show, and every crowd, big, small, drunk, sober, bad, or good is a gift and another chance to do what you love to do.

Old school funny. He looks weird with hair. Arguably the first, and maybe greatest, of the "cringe" school of comedy, which also includes guys like Jim Norton and Greg Giraldo. If I had to pigeon-hole a genre I belong in, it's cringe.


You may think that I let a lot of myself show through on this here blog. I don't. You don't know a goddamn thing about me that I don't want you to know. There are things in my soul, peculiarities and motivations, that I do not fully understand, and my struggle with them is a private, internal one. There are things in my soul, desires and habits, that in society's collective mind are destructive and wrong. A lot of the me you've come to know is a work of elaborate fiction. A lot of me is more passion-filled and interested than I seem. A lot of me just... is.

We saw an incredibly drunk girl last night. No money, no jacket in the 25 degree weather, no friends around her, and no chance for a positive end to the evening, save for the people who basically ended their evening to help her. This girl could not walk unassisted. She was lucky she didn't get killed in Carson Street traffic, and even luckier she didn't run into someone like me in a dark alley.

Iraq doesn't have a cool slang name yet, we should change that.-BK

No comments: