Monday, June 23, 2008

Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around.

The comedy world, and the world in general, lost a great man today.

In an era of propriety and censorship, his voice opened doors, broke down walls, and pushed the art of comedy performance further than it had ever been pushed.

George Carlin dragged the ugliness of life into comedy.

He used logic to tear apart and perform verbal autopsies on common thought, the English language, and the idea of a (G)god.

Filthy and eloquent, he was American in a way most talk about and admire, but few ever really are.

I don't have many heroes. I don't believe in them. I know I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for men like him, so that's something.

Shit. Piss. Fuck. Cunt. Cocksucker. Motherfucker. Tits.

One of my favorite bits of all time.

Get drunk, make art, be crude, step out of the box, and trip your balls off for George a time or two.-BK

No comments: