Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm thinking...

I must admit, I was only able to watch the first question answer and response last night. I simply find Sarah Palin immensely annoying. She isn't suited to head the PTA, let alone the United States of America.

Instead, I watched a bit of one of my favorite movies, Dark City, before going out a dancing. Everything about this film is good. The cast is strong, the cinematography is great, the costumes/setting are really dark and cool, and the story is deeper than you initially perceive it to be. It deals heavily with the human condition and the idea of perception. See it. You'll probably like it. It's a science fiction film that you barely realize is science fiction, which is a rare and cool thing. Keifer(sp?) Sutherland does great work in this. Some of his best, actually.


Last night was quite fun, as it always is. I was able to control my drinking, and didn't smoke at all. Good. Heard a couple of rarities from my favorite decade as well. Here's a lost treasure... well, not really lost. Just not heard enough. Vince Clarke is a musical genius. He was a founding member of Depeche Mode, created Yaz/Yazoo, and of course, Erasure.


I really am moving to Minneapolis. 90% sure.

Hoping for some overtime this weekend. We'll see.

Looking forward to tomorrow's set. Quite a bit of new material being debuted, and I hope to continue my string of "good" sets. I've been killing lately.

New work schedule starts Tuesday. 3:45 am wake up. Not looking forward to it, but I will be in earlier at night, and will be eating a little better, hopefully.

A-Ha is not a one hit wonder!-BK

No comments: