Friday, October 17, 2008

What aisle?

This is the seventh consecutive morning I've drank coffee. I guess that makes me a coffee drinker. I take mine with a half of a packet of hot chocolate. Manly. I don't drink any of the silly, hoity-toity store-bought or boutique coffee either. I drink work coffee. Coffee dark, powerful, and with viscosity similar to the engine oil in a locomotive. Coffee is good.

Managed to get about five hours of sleep. Working 11 hours or so today. When I go home tonight, I am going to shower, change my bedding, light a scented candle or three, put on some Josh Groban, and just sleep. I hope to be in bed by 8:30. Obviously, Friday nights aren't really that important to me. Fuck your bar.

Late addition to the comedy calendar involves a show on Tuesday night, at Howler's, in Bloomfield. I've never done this show before, so I'm hoping it doesn't suck. Even if it does suck, who would really notice? This is Pittsburgh. I love Pittsburgh.

Late reports drifting in from the minions tell me my potential situation in Minneapolis might not be to my ideal standards. We shall see. Time always tells, and it never lies.

I would be remiss if I did not comment on this...



This is Tim Dimond. With or without his guitar, he is one of the funniest, most creative comics around. He recently got headshots. This is his headshot. Make an effort to see Tim Dimond (<-- MUST CLICK AND WATCH!)as you will laugh at his witty observations on the trials and tribulations of everyday life. (Sorry for the shitty bio Tim.)

Below is Mona. Or a picture of a painting of Mona. Some guy they mentioned in Hudson Hawk painted a portrait of her. The portrait lives in France, in a massive museum full of beautiful, astounding works of art that Americans visit only to see this portrait.

Do you notice the striking similarity, or is it just me?


Tim could seriously be Mona for Halloween. It would be perfect!

----

I'm off Monday, which means I may be going bat-shit insane on Sunday night. Or not. I'm not sure. I really have been tapering off on the drinking front.

I must see W at some point, soon.

Not doing anything Monday night? Get your ass, and your friend's asses out to Shadow Lounge. I'm hosting a show which is sure to include 8-13 of the Burgh's most available and mobile comics. It's only five dollars, but it's occasionally free. It all depends on the whim of Mo. They have beer to drink as well. Come out!

This was on the TV early this morning, as I came into work. Sam Raimi is the George Lucas of horror comedy.


Shit I'm tired and my fucking finger still hurts.

Don't even want to discuss that at this point.-BK

No comments: