Thursday, October 23, 2008

Orlando

Remember a week or so ago how I talked about my stubbed toe? Well, I re-stubbed my toe last/night this morning, but it's much worse this time. The initial pain of doing so washed over me like a wave. I screamed out loud and collapsed onto the floor. Picture, if you will, a car. Now picture said car crashing directly into a wall at forty miles per hour. You're probably seeing all the front end damage, and maybe the hood(my toenail!) even popped/got pushed about halfway open. That is my fucking toe right now. I am limping heavily, and I am in PAIN. I bled for a few hours, and couldn't get back to sleep at all. I took some Ibprofin and my coworkers/health advisors recommend I start treating it with whiskey and Coke as soon as I get home. I believe it's sound advice. If I'm still hurting tomorrow, I'll just drink straight whiskey. I am not a happy camper right now. I am begging my boss to let me leave early. I may have to show him the toe.

I bought not one, but two pairs of Chuck Taylor Converse shoes this week. I am stoked, as one pair is of the black on black nature that I've been searching for, and the other is black with red stitching and the traditional white bottoms. Styling and profiling.

Look for me at 80's night in new kicks of some sort. I will be drunk as fuck. I may not be dancing too much. Putting weight on the toe hurts!

For a long time, I could not figure out why it is that I like Scrubs so Goddamn much. I think the cast, especially John C. McGinley(Dr. Cox) and Neil Flynn,(Janitor) have something to do with it, but I think it's mostly because the show seems to be written for someone with a thirty-five second attention span. It's nice to watch TV that doesn't make you think much, at all, ever.


Are you all coming to Slapsticks! tomorrow? It's going to be gloriously fun.

Bill Paxton's characters have been killed by an Alien, The Terminator, and The Predator. That's some prestige! He rules, and adds something memorable to every movie he's ever done. So good in True Lies. I was just thinking that. I don't have a video or anything.

I listened to this while I was treating the toe. It calmed me down a bit. Love this video. So rare to seem them play live, without lip syncing.


I will be there opening day. Daniel Craig has the potential, in time, to make Sean Connery look effeminate and weak.


I've rekindled my red-hot love affair with nachos. I've been making them at home, and eating them on the rare occasions I go out. They are a perfect finger food, and you get a sense of accomplishment from eating them one chip at a time.

Everybody's working for the weekend, including me. Cash Rules Everything Around Me! Get that money, dolla-dolla bill, y'all.

Our plane is in range, let's get ready to slay.-BK

No comments: