Thursday, October 2, 2008

Important news!

I'm seriously considering moving to Minneapolis. My employer is expanding there. Yes, I'm well aware that it's "cold." Fuck you, I'm from Chicago.

All things considered:

Cost of move - Negligible, as my employer would be paying it. I'll definitely be moving into a house or large apartment with a roommate. I can afford to live alone, but I really do need more basic human interaction.

Cost of living - Slightly higher than Pittsburgh, but then again, what major U.S. city is less, or even comparable in cost to Pittsburgh??

Comedy scene - Seems good. Much better than Pittsburgh. Maybe even better than Denver.

Quality of life - 15,000 bike commuters. Progressive politics. A train to the airport!!!! People seem hardy, Midwestern, "salt of the Earth" type of folks, i.e. my kind of people!

Seniority - This might hold me back. Job wise, I'd like to be at, or very near, the top of the seniority list, as this is how I set my schedule and vacation time. If it isn't about equal to what I have here, I ain't moving.

Pittsburgh - I like it here. I like the weather. I like the town. I adore many of the people I've met here. However, I cannot see a future here. Even if I could, I don't think I'd want what this town could offer.

Projected date of move: March.

-----

Eighties night tonight. Good times.

Brilliance.


Megan Fox is so hot. What is Brian Austin Green's secret? I hope it's not a big penis, because if it is, I've got even less of a chance.

Man, I'm so excited about moving. I've said I was going to move, but only if "we"(my company) opened in NYC or at MSP.

I'm 80% sure I want to make this happen.

I'll be there with your wheelchairs.-BK

No comments: