Saturday, August 16, 2008

Alpa Chino

Saw Tropic Thunder. I thought it was pretty funny, but the Jack Black character should've been cut out, the film needed streamlining. The bad press about the "retard" language seemed to make people afraid to laugh at lines that were very, very funny and not very offensive. IT'S ONLY A MOVIE. Robert Downey Jr., Nick Nolte, Matthew McConaughay(sp?), and Tom Cruise held this film together. Ben Stiller is nothing if the support actors aren't funny. He's lucky he can choose well.

Metal will never die.

Ever!


EVER!!!


EVER!!!!!


Damn those riffs were fucking tasty! You're welcome!

Don't be afraid to look for music you love. Think of a CD/record/MP3 file as a nice sonic orifice you can fuck over and over again. My personal orifice is currently anything by Ladytron.

Drink cheap beer and Jack Daniel's, call in sick to work, and LIVE LIFE!

----

Dancing until dawn tomorrow, an entire lazy week in Chicago immediately after that. Gonna chill with my dying dog and watch cable. I hope to catch Mad Men a few times. Wisconsin is a no-go, but I'll survive like Danny Bonaduce. Inexplicably, that is.

This is the first weekend in forever that I haven't gone out on a Friday OR a Saturday night. Weird. I should probably clean something in order to complete the circle of lame I've begun.

Maybe in town for a show Monday night at Shadow Lounge, maybe not. Either way, y'all sons a bitches need to get your asses out there and support local artists in this festering metropolis. We need audiences like we need booze. Some of us don't drink, but you get the idea. We need to feed off of your energy, and it's not the kind of energy you can send from an armchair in Monroeville. SHOW UP AND SUPPORT US! It's a free show, btw.

If you don't shut the fuck up, I'm going to give you a prostate exam with my right foot.-BK

No comments: