Saturday, August 30, 2008

This place is better.



When you're taking in a view like this in person with a cigar in your mouth, the everyday bullshit of life is easier to forget. At least for a few brief, glorious, moments.

I know I'm a few days late on this one, but you guys are aware that the saxophone player from The Dave Matthews Band died, right? This is very sad, but the real tragedy, the thing that breaks my fragile, black, little heart right in two, is the fact that they apparently don't have any plans to stop touring or recording. There was a time and a place in my life for that band. It was called the year 2000, and it's best left in the past. I used to like this sort of music, but then I developed a sophisticated palate, i.e. stuff that doesn't sound the same. Every Dave Matthews track sounds the SAME! The same! Why keep selling albums? Argh.

The fact that the Republican has chosen a decent looking VP candidate does not make him a decent candidate. She's the Governor of Alaska, which makes my mind scream "oil owns this bitch!" anyways.

I'm staying in tonight. I need to rest. I need to sleep for 12 hours. I need to write. I need to clean. I need to be solitary again. I need it all.

Holy shit you guys, dinner yesterday was fucking fantastic! I made some psuedo-chicken burritos. I diced up the chicken all cube-like, dumped it into a bowl of salsa, dumped that onto two tortillas, dumped cheese and lettuce on top of that, wrapped that shit up, microwaved it for 30 seconds to ensure proper cheese gooeyness, palmed the bastards, and dug in. I wanted to take a picture for y'all, but my camera was out of battery, and the meal was so fine that interrupting it for any reason would have been more disturbing than farting at a seance. I can still taste it if I close my eyes. Mmm...

Three day weekend next week. How to spend it? Backpacking? A little backwoods fun is always a good experience, no matter the weather or company.

One of those songs that for some reason, is never played at 80's night. Makes me sad, as it rules like Mao did.


However, don't songs that are played on Mexican radios have more horns in them?

Heard this on the radio today and had to drive around the parking lot a few times until it was over...


Whatever happened to Natalie Imbruglia anyways? She was never super hot, but always impossibly cute. She is the kind of girl you'd be afraid to talk to if she ever walked into the dives you frequent, but you'd nonchalantly follow her around Giant Eagle at three in the morning like it's no big thing. And you'd call her at work and breath heavily, and when she came home from work she'd find a dead cat on her doorstep, you know, just so she knows you're thinking of her. I certainly be "torn" over having to kill the cat though.

I'm here on overtime, and it's cake. Nothing is better than cake overtime, especially on two hours of sleep. 20 bag offloads are such a sweet change of pace. My shoulder is giddy over it.

I seriously wish my shoulder would just self-destruct already. It's minor pain, not enough to go out "OJI," but certainly enough to make me gruff and uncomfortable. I want it to just fucking explode so I can have it taken care of and be done with it!

Could be good, but probably won't be. Stupid hair!


This has got to be the worst DJ ever. I mean, Christ, it's Friday night!-BK

No comments: