Friday, September 12, 2008

Fresh from Bernie Mac's.

Every September 12th since the year after "the big one," I get secretly bummed there wasn't another awesome-in-scale terrorist attack. Not because I hate America or Americans, but more on that primal, violent level of entertainment, just like with Ike, which is proving to be quite a fun little storm to follow. I bet a lot of Texans are not too stoked right now, but the "certain death" weather warning is possibly the coolest thing in the history of ever!

(I know I'm going to Hell. I know it. At this stage, I'm want to get into the VIP room. I've always wanted to meet Princess Di.)

Goodness gracious, last night kicked ass on about 743 different levels!

Two separate groups of friends made it out to The Obey House just to see me perform. Big thanks to Chuck and his friend Rizzo, and to Lori and Brandon for coming out. It's always nice to see a few friendly faces in life, and especially nice to see them in an audience.

Everyone was laughing heartily, and my set was strong like an East German women's table tennis player. Who drops Bernie Mac death jokes? Ben Kenny drops Bernie Mac death jokes, motherfuckers!

Thanks to Brad Ryan for having me out. Brad is one of the under appreciated soldiers of Pittsburgh comedy. He puts shows together while most of us sit around in our apartments, shirtless, listening to Richard Marx, eating bread and butter off of a paper towel contemplating if it's time to poop or not.

Brad is also one of those rare comic beasts who started making people laugh a little later in life. It's good to see people who aren't in their twenties, white, male, and pissed at the world doing comedy.

After the show, I went dancing, and dance I fucking did! So much fun was had be all people within a 10-15 foot radius of me on the floor. There's really nothing like sweating profusely on other people in an environment that is only slightly sexual. I was sweating so bad last night. I was my own personal storm surge.

I like walking in the door at 4:30 in the morning, and love knowing that I lived it up while others just went through the motions.

Four day weekend for me. Lots of relaxation and grilled cheese. Probably the new Coen Bros. movie at some point too.

Of course Zero 7 is British! Americans aren't this creative, and besides, Timbaland and Lil' Wayne aren't heard anywhere on the track!


The first recording I ever owned! My teenage neighbor gave it to me. She used to have a giant wristwatch on her wall.


Little Britain. These guys are monstrously funny! They're like a comedy zit that just keeps a poppin'.


I like my chair, because I can sit Indian style in it.

Let's get a smiley cookie!-BK

No comments: